I ALLOWED MOSES TO TAKE THE PENALTIES: SAYS MIKEL!

Super Eagles midfielder Mikel Obi has disclosed that he was set to take the penalty kicks against Ethiopia until Victor Moses begged to allow him take it.

Mikel said he would always be ready to take penalty kicks for his team if allowed to despite  would he lost one against Zambia in the group stages.

“I will not shy away from taking spots kicks because I missed one. After all, some of the best players in the world have at one time or the other missed spot kicks; so why should I be an exception.”

“That I missed a spot kick does not mean that I would stop taking penalty kicks if called upon to do so. As a matter of fact, I wanted to take the kick against Ethiopia but when Moses begged me to allow him, I obliged and I am happy he scored both kicks.”

“I am not dampened by that miss against Zambia at all. I will take a spot kick if we have one in our next match on Sunday.”

He also assured that the Eagles are ready to kick out Ivory Coast on Sunday.

Comments

Popular Posts