REASONS WHY WE SHOULD SUPPORT THE SUPER EAGLES.

-->


                                                                       
 
 
     I remember vividly that during the AFCON that took place in February this year, I courageously argued with about ten football aficionados - if I can call them that - on the chances of the Super Eagles emerging victorious at the Tournament. This occured at a match viewing centre. Their argument - that the lads wouldn't not be capable of scaling through the group stage, not to talk of lifting the trophy - was simply on the premise that these lads (who were working off their socks for the pride of their Nation) were playing discordantly. I - to my own peril - kept on dishing out reasons why these so-called football enthusiasts should support their own: telling them that these lads had one thing going for them... i.e the desire to play excellent football; how they needed time to gel; that I could see passion in the eyes of Ogenyi Onazi; that I could see enthusiasm in every tackle made by Kenneth Omeruo; that I could see grace and pride in every dribble and pass made by Jay Obi Mikel. Apparently I was just wasting my time, as these men kept on shouting at the top of their voices. After severely hurting my precious vocal cords in order to be heard, I respected my self and left those unholy tongues to continue their drivel. Today we all know that the Super Eagles are the reigning African Champions.
     Now; down to the main reason why am writing this article: the Super Eagles have just bowed rather gracefully out of the ongoing FIFA Confed Cup. A lot of reactions by Nigerians have trailed this event. From my consensus, I have observed that on the social media, the Super Eagles seem to be getting some praise afterall,with an addendum of the team making some changes in its strike force. However, I want to find out from you guys out there, what your reactions are; what your recommendations are to Coach Stephen Keshi...and you know, what the way forward is for our beloved team - the Super Eagles. 

Comments

Popular Posts