My Ode to Uru Eke

                            URU

Mocha complexioned, yet a fair lady to behold.
Poised, graceful, confident, elegant and a bit of pride to garnish her spice.
Visualizing a happenstance with such a goddess, stays you cold as ice.
When the D-day arrives; to myself I can only say: “be bold.”

Those noir pupils of hers tell tales of utmost sincerity
Ne’er in want of anyone’s approval, she won’t be needing it.
If you want something, she says, go out there and get it.
A very professional thespian; only devils doubt her dexterity.

For an aeon, we have been at contrasting ends of earth’s horizon.
Separated by the stone-cold silver screen.
Seems a taboo to cross this divide in a land so green.
Most perceive my yearning too brazen, to be acquainted with an amazon.

On the summit of hope’s mountain, I explore for Uhuru
Right hand cupped above my eyes, I espy a new perspective.
Quite remarkably etched into the luxuriant plains so introspective.
A name so unique it was calligraphed thus: URU.

Comments

Popular Posts