Song Review: "Bad" by Tiwa Savage ft Wizkid

This review is coming about three weeks late. No thanks to procrastination on my part, to put my e-pen to paper. I guess procrastination has a way of getting to us all.

Now, about Tiwa Savage! She is one songstress that does no wrong in my eyes. Blessed with unique and sublime vocal cords; she clearly is in a class of her own.

The Mavin Records diva has done it again! She has just released a single, Bad, off the Deluxe Edition of her sophomore album R.E.D; the song featured Star Boy Wizkid, and was produced by P2J(a relatively new name in the industry).

This song is what I'll like to call the "It song" for Tiwa's music career. "Bad" is not only a great track, but also has the makings of a song which oozes international (if not global) appeal.

P2J did a great job on this song, as the beat, rhythm and melody were in sync. The fusion of piano vamps, electric bass guitar strums, synthesizer-induced sounds, alternating kick and snare drums beat, and bouncy lyrics...created a tune that seems to be at the borderline of Reggae and Ragga. The tune sounds more like what most...term as Rub A Dub.

The song was well mixed, too. I could literally hear each distinct sound, over the speakers. P2J is surely one Producer to watch out for. He's got vibe!

Wizkid! Wizy Wizy himself!  Wizkid is just something else. He sure knows how to do what he does. He's good like that. He brought and sprinkled his flavour and flair on this track. In short, over talent dey worry Wizkid!

Tiwa's vocals was just on point. She did justice to this song. She literally chewed the bouncy and smug lyrics to satisfaction and thus murdered this track. She literally kpied this song!

"...Eh eh eh! Yeah am coming to cause to trouble; you don't like me unfollow; you can't talk about my hustle; you make money I make double...!"

*Laughs* What can be more smug than the above lyrics?

I tried to pick out a flaw from this song, but couldn't.... If this song has any flaw at all, then it's obviously not ostensible.

I rate this song 4 out of 5 stars.

It's up to you guys to go download this song, Bad, already. It's MB well spent!

Comments

Popular Posts