Music Review: "Aka Jesus" (Hand of Jesus) by Oluchi Umelo


Hi Guys.

A friend of mine, Oluchi Umelo, a gospel music minister, has just released a powerful single, titled "Aka Jesus" ("Hand of Jesus" in Igbo Language). She is a native of Nkwere, Imo State, and was born and breed in Port-Harcourt. She is a graduate of History and International Relations from Abia State University Uturu. Her Dad, Mr. Emmanuel Umelo is also a praise and worship leader, and an inspiration to her.




Here is my review of the song:

Firstly, I will begin by saying that this song is quite unique in its own right. For all I know, this song doesn't sound to me like a stereotypical gospel music. I call this Alternative Gospel Music. That is just how unique I feel this song is. There is just this cool vibe and rhythmic flow that I could feel throughout the song. I must say that it is a very compelling song. One that will stimulate you to praise God.

The vocal range she used in this song, reminds me of that of Chidinma Ekile: a balance of Dramatic Mezzo-Soprano and Dramatic Contralto.

This song was produced by Akeem Da Beat, Timaya's one time Producer. And I think and feel Akeem understands Oluchi's sound, as his input in this song clearly portrays.

*The beat is Jazzy and Reggae/Rub-A-Dub-like. It's a good Fusion. And it works well for the song.

*The lyrics flow very well with the rhythm of the beats. The skillful way she uses her voice is commendable. This, in effect, has also helped to make this a great sing-along song.

*The lyrics bear a solid message. A very spiritual one at that. And the sound does a lot to enhance this message.

*The only thing that is off for me, is that I didn’t hear much reverb or full surround sound. It would have made for a fuller and rich listening experience. I guess the Producer/Mixer...knows why he didn’t add either of these elements to the song. But it doesn't really take much away from the song.

In all, "Aka Jesus" is a unique and great mid-tempo spiritual song that has a huge potential to inspire and stimulate the Non-Godpraiser to become a Godpraiser. This song has the makings of a breakout song. I hope and pray it does just that.

I hereby rate this song 7.5 Stars out of 10. I recommend it to everyone out there. Enjoy!

Download Song Here

Comments

Popular Posts